SEO testing is an essential set of experiments aimed at determining how to enhance your marketing methods. You can optimize your campaign, prevent unpleasant surprises, and scale faster by incorporating testing in your entire SEO plan. The lack of SEO testing in your organic strategy could cost you a lot of time and money. This blog demonstrates how to approach local SEO and best practices to drive more content traffic.
How to approach split test for SEO plan
1. Keyword test
It’s critical to include your target term in the title tag. Sometimes you may not be confident in adding the keyword in the title tag, so what would you do if you had to do it? You can determine the right approach by doing the split test. It’s something you can try out on your microsites.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Calculate the number of visitors to the site on specific days.
- Change the title tag, wait for it to appear in Google, and then track site traffic for at least a week.
- Change the title and wait for it to take effect before measuring site traffic for the same period.
- Compare and contrast the traffic on both days.
- Test for ranking element in SEO
2. Remember the best practices for SEO testing
To ensure reliability, make sure you are following SEO testing best practices when you conduct your tests. These recommended practices enable us to obtain directional data about our test findings that we can trust. Did you know? Marketers who priorities blogging are 13X more likely to achieve a good return on investment.
Here are a few to remember:
- Establishing a well-defined theory
- Dividing your test groups into experimental and control groups
- Committing to the term of your experiment
- Ensuring that your tests are repeatable and reliable
3. Make use of keyword data to increase CTR
You will go further into the organic keywords using detailed SEO data acquired from SEO tools. You can quickly locate related keywords, associated voice queries/questions, keyword difficulty, and Google’s location monitoring for each keyword.
When approaching our CTR optimizations for every set of keywords, you have to keep a few factors in mind with the list of keywords:
- Is the term “high volume” synonymous with “low volume” and “long-tailed”?
- Is there a voice search query for the key term?
- Will this keyword work well with the current page’s content?
These points impact how to craft the titles and metadata to ensure that we provide the most valuable updates possible.
4. Begin with Relevant Keyword
All high-ranking site is built on the foundation of effective keyword utilization. When it comes to developing great content, the same idea applies. In reality, the most critical step is to make sure your content is structured around phrases that are highly relevant to your brand.
Great content does more than just elevating your company’s status as a go-to authority in your field. It also gives one of the most sensible options for link building.
5. Make primary keywords your top priority
To locate highly searched, relevant keywords, use tools like Google Keyword Planner or KeywordTool.io. These are frequently the significant keywords that your site already targets.
6. Validate and research your topic ideas
Every excellent piece of content begins with a concept. Choose the perfect that best SEO agency suit your website, company, brand value and make more traffic and leads. You most likely have the keywords needed to create the content. However, finding the perfect topic to use these in is a very different story.
7. Visual Elements
An attractive and meaningful visual element is essential to grab the reader’s attention. It gives you more opportunity to increase the number of links to your website. By incorporating visual elements use into your content, you will improve its memorability and share ability.
Moreover, statistics prove content with more than 10 images to receive more robust results. It will reach a wider audience, especially considering that 65% of people are visual learners.
Here’s how you can create visually attractive content:
- Investigate the topic, data, and information that will be included in your diagram or infographic.
- Use some free tools to build an infographic by incorporating best practices in infographic design.
- Prioritize and layer content on the page with on-page optimization
Prioritize the themes with the highest search traffic and least competition in your content strategy. Many SEO tools can assess keyword difficulty in a shorter time, potentially allowing you to address a content gap.
Content layering and internal linking are two more key SEO tactics that provide many opportunities and advantages. Layering middle material on top of bottom content and linking the pages internally is an exercise that any content strategy should do. This will organize your website in a way that is simple to navigate for visitors.
Keyword research, website optimization, and readable content are all part of a successful SEO plan. While you may have the resources in-house to try out some of the tactics listed above, there are certainly a couple that isn’t in your wheelhouse.
Platinum SEO has plethora options of SEO services and go with the affordable SEO package that suits your business needs to improve site ranking.