Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most cost efficient marketing strategies. You can see higher organic search visibility, more traffic, sales, and revenue if you put more time and effort. The conversion rate for the local SEO Melbourne means recurring revenue that is higher than your investment.
However, the biggest problem in the world of SEO is that the metrics do not give you the full story. SEO metrics can deceive you and make you a biased or inaccurate image of success or failure of the campaign.
Here are five metrics that you can do:
- Organic traffic reveals nothing about the behavior: Organic traffic is the best way of measuring overall SEO results as it reveals the number of people who found your site. If the number of visits increases over time, it means that people are looking for your site in the search results. However, organic traffic alone does not reveal anything about the user’s behavior. You should aim to get more traffic of greater volume of engaging traffic. Use complementary and qualitative measures to understand how users are interacting with your site.
- Likes and followers do not display the clear picture: Just like traffic cannot reveal what visitors feel about your site, likes and follows cannot tell how the users feel about the brand. Instead of chasing vanity figures for ‘likes’ and ‘follows’, find the full meaning of visits, shares, and the social visit. Great follower counts are not always correlated with higher engagements.
- Links and shares are gradients of quality: Any metric becomes a vanity figure if it is not considered in the right way. The social shares, signals and inbound links from other sites pass domain authority, and it results in higher ranking. Consider that both the links and shares have a varying degree of value. A link on low-quality spam site is not worth linking from a leading authority in the industry. Find out who is sharing and connecting your work to form a real conclusion.
- Some benefits cannot be measured: Keep in mind the calculations of the total value or return on your SEO strategy. Deceptive metrics bum you out if there are no benefits.
- Wrong cost basis: When you think well about false metric, it should bring yourself down again. To calculate ROI of your campaign, you need solid cot base in place. Gather all subscriptions that you pay.
To run SEO campaign, local SEO Melbourne may metric a friend. They give you an insight of adjustments to the strategy and reassurance that the things do nicely. Overcome the whole display of picture by overcoming your temptations.